Filming Iarnród Éireann Services and Property
For The Attention of Film Company
Filming/photo shoots on Iarnród Éireann services and property, and/or Córas Iompair Éireann property.
A minimum of two weeks advance notice is required for requests for filming,or photo shoots. Please allow additional time for major production or complex filing projects.
Requests should be made to Corporate Communications, Iarnród Éireann, Connolly Station, Dublin 1: or firstname.lastname@example.org or +353 7032607 with provision of the following details
- Date of proposed filming
- Exact details of filming requirements
- Number and details of film crew
- Number and details of other personnel involved
- Details of equipment
- Relevant script details
- Exact train services involved
- Contact details
The following insurance is requested to allow filming:
Indemnity to Iarnród Éireann and Córas Iompair Éireann for the duration of the filming to be placed on your Public Liability and your Employers Liability insurance policies.
A minimum of €5million public liability insurance cover for handheld camera or if filming involves tripod, trailing cables or freestanding spotlights or dolly and tracks public liability insurance requirements could be up to €20million as defined by our insurance company, Marsh Ireland.If the equipment is being used is over €100,000 in value a confirmation that the equipment is insured on a reinstatement basis with a waiver of rights to recovery against CIE/Iarnród Éireann.Also, Motor Third Party Property Damage of €2.6m should be obtained if commercial vehicles will be entering our property.
- And a minimum €13million Employers Liability Insurance Cover.
- When appropriate insurances are in place, insurance details are to be e-mailed to email@example.com
- Filming cannot proceed until clearance is received from our insurance brokers.
- €130 will be charged, TO COVER ADMINISTRATION COSTS ONLY.
- Other costs associated with the film production while on our property, e.g. supervisory inspector, safety and operations staff where necessary, location fee etc. will be estimated in advance, and invoiced to film company as soon as possible after filming has taken place.
- The Iarnród Éireann indemnity form should be signed and returned to person dealing with your application prior to date of filming. If film crew are students, tutor must sign indemnity form.
An Iarnród Éireann inspector will be provided to accompany film crew for the duration of the filming and will be in charge of film crew, who must strictly adhere to the inspector’s requirements.
All filming arrangements are subject to safety and operational requirements and no absolute guarantee can be given that the filming will proceed. Because our prime business is to operate a railway, it must be clearly understood by Film Company beforehand that it may be necessary to cancel filming arrangements with little or no notice and no compensation.