Iarnród Éireann Career Opportunities
Iarnród Éireann is currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Enhancing procurement standards of excellence throughout the business, providing insightful strategic direction on how the procurement department can deliver value and build trustworthy relationships with all business stakeholders;
- Provision of a commercial focus on procurement activities by identifying and developing value for money opportunities across functions/business units as well as using market insight to enhance the internal knowledge base;
- Management, mentorship and development of a community of buyers across the procurement function.
Would you like to be a part of a technically skilled workforce whilst also gaining a highly recognised academic qualification?
Are you interested in working hands on with some of the most impressive pieces of machinery and technology in public transport?
If you have answered YES to the above then we want YOU! Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail are launching their 2018 Apprenticeship campaign and are now welcoming applications from interested candidates. Please see the attached Pdf document for further campaign information. Applications must be submitted by clicking the link below:
- Checking Skills and Concern for Quality
- Safety Consciousness
- Handling Information / Ability to follow instructions
- Technical Understanding and Manual Capability
- Work Organisation / Ability to plan
- Teamwork and Communication
- Problem Solving / Analytical Skills
- Interest and Motivation
The educational requirements that must be obtained at the time of application to the Apprenticeship Programme are as follows:
Junior Certificate (Ordinary Level)
Grade C or higher at Ordinary Level in the Junior Certificate (or equivalent) in one sitting in the following subjects: i. Irish or English ii. Mathematics iii. Science* iv. Any two other subjects (Grade D or higher on higher level papers is acceptable).
* If you have not obtained the required grade in Science, the following is acceptable in:
Junior Certificate -Technology, Art, Craft & Design, Technical Graphics, Materials Technology (Wood), Home Economics or Metalwork. Foundation level in the Junior Certificate is not acceptable.
Grade D or higher at Ordinary Level in the Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) in one sitting in the following subjects: i. Irish or English ii. Mathematics iii. Science Subject* iv. Any two other subjects *Agricultural Science, Applied Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physics and Chemistry.
* If you have not obtained the required grade in any of the above Science Subjects the following is acceptable at Leaving Certificate Level: Art, Construction Studies, Design and Communication Graphics, Engineering, Home Economics and Technology.
Placements will commence in Autumn 2018 and applicants must be at least 16 years of age on or before the 1st August, 2018. Each candidate will be required to undertake aptitude tests and the results will be used to compile a shortlist for interview purposes.
Closing date for Applications is Friday 8th June 2018.