Iarnród Éireann Career Opportunities
Graduate Engineer Programme
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail is a proud dynamic leader in the transport network. With over 45 million passenger journeys per year – our customers and their safety truly are at the heart of our business.
Reflective of our achievements and with determination to continuously improve, we are seeking to engage highly motivated and ambitious Graduate Engineers (mix of both Electrical & Mechanical) to apply to our Graduate Engineer programme within our Chief Mechanical Engineers Department. The CME Department hold responsibility for the operational & technical maintenance of the entire rail fleet.
A sample of responsibilities and opportunities available for our successful candidates are as follows:
- Developing expertise in all aspects of engineering, working with one of the most modern fleets in Europe.
- Assisting in the delivery of assigned technical projects as part of One Team.
- Providing your expertise and technical support to both internal and external parties.
- Advancing a broad knowledge of the functions of the Chief Mechanical Engineering Department and of Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail.
- Gaining valuable experience in a highly technical world recognised industry.
The suitable candidates will illustrate compatibility with our company values & competencies via a multiple stage selection process including online testing, interview and medical.
At Iarnród Éireann, we value our people and there are many benefits of working with us – find out more and let us know you are interested by e-mailing your CV & cover letter to Recruitment@irishrail.ie. The closing date to register your interest is Friday 19th October 2018. Please advise the HR team in advance should you require any special arrangements during the selection process.
Please Note: All applicants must have a Level 8 Honours Degree in Engineering (Mech & Elec) with accredited Institution (achieved within the last 24 months) in order to apply.
Join our Expanding Team with New Engineering Positions
We are recruiting engineers to join us for an exciting phase of growth under the Capital Investment Programme. Here at Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail, we are driven by values that provide safe, customer focused journeys every day. We are one dedicated team. We believe in our people, we are proud of our past and passionate about our future.
As part of our team, applicants will be given the opportunity to work on projects, including the DART Expansion, National Train Control Centre, Accessibility and the Train Protection System.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com (include the reference number of your position of interest in the subject) by 5pm on 31st October 2018. Salary details provided upon request.
- Project Manager - Accessibility/General Projects (CPR5)
- Project Manager - DART Expansion Signalling (CPR35)
- Project Engineer - DART Expansion Signalling (CPR36)
- Assistant Project Manager 1 - DART Expansion/General Projects (CPR8)
- Signalling Technical Lead - DART Expansion (CPR37)
- Telecom Technical Lead - DART Expansion (CPR38)
- Electrification Technical Lead - DART Expansion (CPR39)
- Project Planner - DART Expansion Signalling (CPR40)
- Assistant Contracts Manager - DART Expansion/General Projects (CPR4)
- Assistant Planner - DART Expansion/General Projects (CPR2)
- Assistant Project Manager Mechanical and Electrical - DART Expansion/General Projects (CPR17)
- Project Manager Systems - National Train Control Centre (CPR21)
- Project Manager Building - National Train Control Centre (CPR22)
- Assistant Project Manager Customer Information System - National Train Control Centre (CPR23)
- Project Manager - City Centre Resignaling (CPR41)
- Assistant Project Manager - Station/General Projects (CPR14)
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail is currently recruiting for the positons of Gatekeeper for the South Mallow Region.
This is a key safety critical positon within Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail. The successful candidates will be recruited to operate Level Crossings and associated equipment on Iarnród Éireann Infrastructure. In addition the successful candidate will be expected to ensure that Level Crossings under his/her control are conducted in a safe manner as laid down by Iarnród Éireann’s Rules and Regulations.
All candidates should have a full clean driving licence.
These positons are 48 hr contract positons on a 5 over 7 day basis and will include night and weekend working. The salary for the role ranges from €25,020 to €34,237 based on a 10 year scale.
Assessments and a competency based interview will form part of this selection process.
Candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of experience and/or application/CV.
Iarnród Éireann is an equal opportunities employer.
Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to the following address: im_Recruit@irishrail.ie
Please indicate in the heading of the e-mail that you are applying for the position of "Gatekeeper Mallow". Closing date for applications is 17.00 hrs Wednesday 17th October, 2018.