Thanks for visiting our new website, click here for more info
24 November 2011
The new look for irishrail.ie is just the first of a series of changes you will see to our website over the next 12-15 months, to improve it as a resource for our customers and potential customers. Our simple goal is to make it easier for you to get the information you need to plan and book your journey.
This first phase sees changes including:
- a new design to make the website easier to use and navigate, and easier for you to find information
- a new system making it easier for us to update changing information quickly
- a new journey planner with multiple benefits such as:
o visible pricing per service with your timetable search
o better journey information
o timetable customisation – build your own timetables to print or download (coming Dec/Jan)
o latest accessibility standards for the visually impaired (currently being tested for accessibility issues)
o improved real-time service information
o mobile device friendly (coming early 2012)
- improved station information with links to Google Streetview and live train information
- improved special offers and rail rewards features
With any website change, it’s only through heavy usage that it can be fully tested, so if you encounter any difficulties with the new design (and we sincerely hope you don’t!) or have any feedback, please let us know by e-mailing us at email@example.com
We’re also working on further changes to the website which will be delivered later. The main change is to carry out a back-end redesign of our web booking system
Our current web booking system, while it has grown in use significantly, does have problems which must be addressed, which regular customers will be familiar with. Our redesign will:
- Ensure it can cope better at times of high demand
- Allow you to manage your booking online, including cancellations and amendments
- Have better customer service tools to give you information or process refunds automatically
These changes will be delivered to you in 2012/2013.
You will also see other smaller changes along the way. We hope that you find all of these improvements of benefit, and be sure to let us know what you think!