Frequently Asked Questions
Step by Step guide to setting up a new account
An Irish Rail account will allow you to view your recent bookings, save and edit your personal details as well as see important news and special offers from Irish Rail.
If you set up an account with Irish Rail on our old website it is likely that you will now need to create a new account. Accounts can only be set up through the booking process.
- Step 1 - Book a journey on the Irish rail journey planner, selecting the departure and arrival locations, dates, number of passengers and seats as normal
- Step 2 - After the seat selection page you will be brought to the account page. Here you will be given the choice to log in with your Irish Rail account or 'Proceed as Guest'. Click Proceed as Guest
- Step 3 - Enter your customer details as normal. Below this there are two checkboxes. The second of which is 'Yes, I wish to create an Iarnód Éireann account'. Check this box
- Step 4 - Complete booking as normal
- Step 5 - You will receive an email with a temporary password shortly after. You can change the password by following the instructions in the email
You will now be able to access your Irish Rail account.