Happy Days - Family fun by Train!
Treat your children to childhood memories about travel, the excitement of seeing new things, going to new places and spending quality time with you. The whole family arrives refreshed and relaxed to your destination ready to carry on your adventure. So go on, treat your family to an experience they won’t get in a car.
Take the family on a day out by DART for just €20.00! With our fantastic family tickets a family of 1 or 2 adults and up to 4 children can get unlimited travel by DART or Suburban rail for a day.
Take the family on a long weekend vacation or a day trip to Dublin or down the country with our fantastic family fares! For more information on prices see a the chart below or if you are looking for a destination not listed, please go to the route within our Fares section for a full list of stations and prices.
|Family Fares to/ from Dublin|
|Day Return||Open Return|
Open return fare is valid for 1 return trip to be used within 30 days of the outward journey.
Who are they for?
All family tickets are valid for a return journey for 1 or 2 adults and up to 4 children between 5 and 15yrs old. Children under 5yrs travel free on Intercity services. Children under 3yrs travel free on Dart.
Where can I buy one?
Tickets can be purchased at Tickets Offices or at the Ticket Vending Machines in stations.
Terms & Conditions
- Restrictions might apply to ticket sales on specfic days or routes.
- 1 adult and 1 child must travel on Family Tickets.
- Children must be aged between 5 – 15 yrs on Intercity Tickets or 3 – 15 yrs on Dart Ticket.
- Family Day Return Tickets are valid for travel on the date shown on the ticket only.
- The outward portion of a Family Open Return Ticket must be used on the date shown on the ticket only and the return portion can be used up to 30 days from this date.
For fares not listed please see our fares section or contact our Customer Information Centre (Mon-Fri 09:00-17:00) on 1850 366 222 or email email@example.com and our staff will be happy to assist you in choosing the best fare for you and your family.