Great value Students Tickets
Our Student tickets are great value for money, return tickets are valid for a return journey up to 30 days from the day of outward travel.
All you need to get avail of these fantastic fares is your student ID (must be ID listed below), tickets are available online or at the station. Booking online you will be able to reserve your seat at no extra cost. Buying at the station affords you the freedom to return anytime within the 30 days.
Students can purchase great value single or return tickets from our stations or online through our journey planner above. Go to our fares section to view all of our fantastic student fares.
Here are just some of our top selling Student Fares.
|Student Return Fares|
Please note you must have one of the following valid forms of student ID to avail of discounted Student Fares.
- Valid National and International Student ID Cards (See terms and conditions)
- Trinity College Dublin Digital Student ID Card (See terms and conditions)
- Second Level ID Card (See terms and conditions)
- Leap Student Travelcard
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC)
- iConnect Card (available to 2nd level students)
Use a Student Travel Card for getting around Dublin by DART or Commuter Rail. Your spend will be capped at a special student rate €6.90 per day or €27.00 per week (Mon to Sun). Once you hit the cap you can continue to travel on DART/Commuter Rail for free. Just Touch On and Off as usual.
Thinking of travelling around Europe by train? Whenever and wherever you want to go, there's a range of InterRail passes to choose from that offer complete flexibility. Click here for more info.
Weekly or Monthly tickets are perfect for students travelling to and from college everyday. These tickets offer great savings and convenience. Go to our fares section to view all of our fantastic student fares.
- A valid Leap Student Travelcard, or a college ID card from one of the colleges below are the only ID's accepted to purchase season tickets;
|College ID cards accepted for season tickets are outlined below;|
|Carlow||Carlow IT, Carlow College|
|Cork||UCC, CIT, Cork College of Commerce, Collaiste Stiofan Naofa, St. Johns Central College of Further Education|
|Dublin||UCD, DCU, Trinity, DBS, DIT, ITT, IADT, IT Tallaght, Blanchardstown IT, Ballyfermot IT, College of Surgeons, St. Patrick's College, NCAD, NCI, Law Society of Ireland|
|Limerick||UL, LIT, Mary I, Limerick College of Further Education|
- Valid National and International student ID cards are accepted when purchasing our Student Intercity tickets. ID cards which have no expiry date but have an issue date are valid for 4 years from date of issue. Students who are still in college after the 4 years have expired will need to apply for a Student Travelcard
- Second level students can avail of these fares if they are in possession of a personalised official Second Level ID card with an expiry date or a date of birth, where a date of birth is the only indication of validity the student must be 18 years or younger to use the card.
- Second level students can avail of these fares if they are in possession of a valid Student Travelcard a valid International Student Identity Card (ISIC) or a valid iConnect Card.
- When purchasing from a ticket machine enter the first six digits of your student ID number when requested for your Student Travelcard number (not applicable to weekly or monthly tickets).
- Failure to produce a valid ticket and the appropriate student ID or surcharge when travelling will result in a fine of €100 together with the relevant unpaid fee.
- If there is no photograph on the Student ID, the student must provide another form of photo ID that identifies them as the person on the Student Card.
Make the smart choice with a Leap smart card. It's flexible, convenient and saves you money. Purchase online or from our ticket vending machines.