Line improvement works - revised timetable to/from Heuston Saturday 9th September
03 July 2017
Customers using our services to and from Heuston, and all connecting services are advised to re-check your times before travelling on affected dates.
Iarnród Éireann is continuing its programme of line improvement works on the Dublin to Cork line, focusing this year on the section between Hazelhatch and Thurles.
The annual investment of €10 million in line improvements will lead to higher reliability, smoother running of trains and with other works deliver consistent 160kph speeds (100 mph). This will deliver journey time improvements for customers.
To facilitate these works, there will be service changes on selected Saturdays* this year. Works will not take place during the peak tourism and sporting season of August, or on Saturdays of other major events i.e. sporting and concerts etc. There will be some minor modifications to service arrangements subject to precise work locations as the project proceeds.
- Cork, Limerick and Tralee
- Galway and Westport
- Portlaoise and Kildare to Dublin Commuter services
- First class
- Existing bookings
- How can Reserve a Seat?
- Dates of Works
- Dublin Heuston and Cork services will operate every hour in each direction with altered timings, please check the journey planner or timetable PDF below for full details.
- Dublin Heuston and Limerick services will operate every hour, connecting to/from all Dublin Heuston and Cork services at Limerick Junction.
- Dublin Heuston and Tralee services will operate every 2 hours, connecting to/from Dublin Heuston and Cork services at Mallow.
- 17:05hrs Dublin Heuston to Tralee is cancelled. Passengers should board the 17:05hrs Dublin Heuston to Cork service and change at Mallow. Please note that there will be a delay of 25-30 mins from Mallow to Tralee.
- Nenagh Line customers, please change at Ballybrophy as normal for connecting services.
- Services between Galway and Dublin Heuston will operate as normal.
- Services between Westport and Dublin Heuston will operate as normal.
- Services between Waterford and Dublin will operate as normal.
- Portlaoise commuter services will operate as normal.
On affected Saturdays, a trolley service will be provided on all InterCity services to / from Heuston. Dining car and restaurant car facilities will not be available.
On affected Saturdays, first class facilities will not be available.
If you have already booked a train on an affected date which has seen a change in time or seating availability, we will contact you to reschedule your booking, or offer a full refund.
- When you purchase an Adult, Child or Student ticket on this website or through our call centre (1850 366 222) you are given an assigned seat as part of the price.
- Customers who are already in possession of or purchasing on the day of travel a valid standard class ticket(s) such as Family Tickets, Day Return, Open Return, Weekly, Monthly, Annual, InterRail and Free Travel pass holders can reserve a seat on a service for €5.00 per person each way.
* Current dates for work schedule (subject to alteration for currently unplanned major events)
- Saturday 9th September
- Saturday 23rd September
- Saturday 30th September
- Saturday 7th October
- Saturday 21st October
- Saturday 28th October
- Saturday 4th November
- Saturday 18th November
- Saturday 25th November
- Saturday 2nd November
Iarnród Éireann apologises for any inconvenience caused by these arrangements.