Luggage must be kept with you at all times
Iarnród Éireann will not be liable for any loss or damage to passengers' personal luggage
- All InterCity and Commuter trains have adequate luggage facilities, ranging from overhead racks, luggage racks at carriage ends and "in-between seat" spaces
- Luggage must not obstruct platforms, passageways, aisles or prohibit entry or exit to / from the train
- Seats are not for luggage
Items deemed to be illegal
Loaded firearms, explosive or inflammable articles or materials
- Radioactive or corrosive products, cylinders containing compressed or liquefied gases
Motor cycles and motor scooters charged with electricity, gas, oil or other inflammable liquid or vapour
Poisonous or infectious materials which may be harmful to health
- See our section on Travelling with Pets
- Go to our find your station section for information on left luggage facilities
Not permitted on the DART or Commuter service
- Prams (other than folded)
- Personal luggage (other than such luggage as is carried by hand by the passenger himself/herself and causes no inconvenience to other passengers
- Portable seating
- Iarnród Éireann will not in any case be responsible for loss, damage, delay or detention of or to any property left on Iarnród Éireann’s premises or in its trains.
- All luggage, articles or property not claimed within three months will be deemed to be abandoned.
- Any article discovered to be of a perishable nature may be disposed of earlier and without notice.
Go to our bicycle information page for information.