New timetable in operation from Sunday 10th December
29 November 2017
Iarnród Éireann advises customers that a number of changes to its timetables across all routes will take effect from Sunday 10th December.
Customers on all routes are advised to check times before travel as there have been minor changes to departure and arrival times on many services including intermediate stations.
Please search the Journey Planner above for full details, or see our printed timetables here.
The most significant changes are:
- Journey time improvements following line improvement works
- between 3 and 10 minutes to services on the Dublin Heuston to Cork route
- between 2 and 12 minutes between Limerick and Dublin (including via Limerick Junction) also benefiting from signaling and platform works in Limerick Station
- between 2 and 6 minutes to services between Portlaoise and Dublin Heuston
- Minor changes to departure times on routes in the Dublin area (including DART, Northern Commuter, Maynooth/M3, Kildare, and Grand Canal Dock to Newbridge) to improve punctuality
- Services which currently depart Cork at 20 past the hour will depart at 25 past the hour (eg 09:20hrs will depart at 09:25hrs)
- On Sundays only the 08:20hrs Limerick to Heuston, 11:30hrs Portlaoise to Heuston, 18:25hrs and 19:25hrs Heuston to Limerick will all stop additionally at Monasterevin.
Customers should particularly note the following services which will depart earlier than at present:
- 05:40hrs Longford to Dublin Pearse is advanced to depart at 05:35hrs
- 09:45hrs Limerick Junction to Waterford is advanced to depart at 09:40hrs
- 15:30hrs Heuston to Portlaoise is advanced to depart at 15:25hrs
- 17:25hrs Limerick to Ballybrophy via Nenagh is advanced to depart at 17:20hrs
- Sundays only 09:40hrs Limerick to Limerick Junction is advanced to depart at 09:30hrs
- Sundays only 20:50hrs Cork to Mallow is advanced to depart at 20:40hrs
Iarnród Éireann plans a further and more significant timetable revision in the first half of 2018 to enhance DART frequency, off-peak Maynooth services and other changes, subject to a full public consultation process, and the approval of the National Transport Authority.