- Luggage must be kept with you at all times
- Iarnród Éireann will not be liable for any loss or damage to passengers' personal luggage
- All InterCity and Commuter trains have adequate luggage facilities, ranging from overhead racks, luggage racks at carriage ends and "in-between seat" spaces
- Luggage must not obstruct platforms, passageways, aisles or prohibit entry or exit to / from the train
- Seats are not for luggage
Not Permitted in Stations or on Trains
- Items deemed to be illegal
- Loaded firearms, explosive or inflammable articles or materials
- Radioactive or corrosive products, cylinders containing compressed or liquefied gases
- Motor cycles and motor scooters charged with electricity, gas, oil or other inflammable liquid or vapour
- Poisonous or infectious materials which may be harmful to health
- See our section on Travelling with Animals
- Go to our find your station section for information on left luggage facilities
Not permitted on the DART or Commuter service
- Prams (other than folded)
- Personal luggage (other than such luggage as is carried by hand by the passenger himself/herself and causes no inconvenience to other passengers
- Portable seating
Lost and Unclaimed Luggage/ Property
- Iarnród Éireann will not in any case be responsible for loss, damage, delay or detention of or to any property left on Iarnród Éireann’s premises or in its trains.
- All luggage, articles or property not claimed within three months will be deemed to be abandoned.
- Any article discovered to be of a perishable nature may be disposed of earlier and without notice.
Go to our bicycle information section.