Digital Channels Executive
Role and Purpose
Iarnród Éireann have an exciting opportunity for an innovator who will thrive in a position requiring leadership, creativity and customer focus. The role of Digital Channels Executive offers the chosen candidate a competitive salary working as part of a dedicated and specialized team.
The role of Digital Channels Executive will provide a key role in supporting Head of Digital Channels to ensure maximum return on investment (ROI) for IÉ and the opportunity for IÉ to develop its reputation, brand, income, audience and impact via the use of digital and social engagement.
Digital Channels Executive will provide a lead role in the management of day to day Digital Channels. This includes the responsibility for digital platforms from content, performance, conversion, customer complaints, user experience, system testing, reporting and developments.
This role will support the on-going development of IÉ websites, social media platforms and apps capability in order to drive customer usage and maximise revenue, content development and execution, support Customer Relationship Management (CRM) requirements and facilitate development of ancillary revenue opportunities.
The position of Digital Channels Executive is based in Iarnród Éireann Head Office, Connolly Station, Dublin. The role will be offered on a fixed term contract basis initially, with performance measures set and reviewed by the Head of Digital Channels.
- Ancillary revenue generation
- Monitoring, analyzing, amending and reporting on various digital platform performances (such as apps, irishrail.ie, www.taxsaver.ie, www.rosslare.ie, social media) using a variety of tools
- Updating and supporting various platforms Website Content Management System, Journey Planner, App, S3 back office and frontend system (S3 new system to control irishrail.ie – mostly html driven)
- Search engine optimization
- World Pay Admin and Reporting – Risk Management Module (the systems that authenticates attempted payments on our digital platforms)
- User experience (UX) research and developments
- System improvements, from development to testing
- Create, develop and manage content for organization’s websites and apps presence
- Track and report on all site metrics
- Customer Service support and issue resolution (internal and external)
- Social Media support (Facebook, You Tube, Google+, Google My Business, LinkedIn, SEO)
- New Products / Features specification, testing and supporting such as Artificial Intelligence and Chat Bot development
- Coordinate projects across various departments and suppliers
- Management reporting and deputising for Department Head
- General administration
Key Qualities and Essential Skills
- Decision maker
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Commercial acumen
- Customer and business focused
- Creative, innovative problem-solving abilities
- Technical acumen
- Change champion
- Drive for high performance
- Strong team player
- Passion, integrity and energy
- Applicants must have a minimum of one bachelor’s degree which encompasses; Marketing, Digital Marketing, Technology, PR, Online Communication, and Business.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in digital marketing, marketing, ecommerce role, social media, content or similar role, in a business to consumer industry.
General Management Responsibilities
- Promotes increased customer usage by offering attractive propositions.
- Maximising revenue and attracting new rail customers.
- Promotes a ‘One Team, One Company’ philosophy.
To apply for the position of Digital Channels Executive, email your C.V and detailed cover letter to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday June 5th.