DART+ West Key Infrastructural Elements
The key infrastructural elements of the DART+ West project includes:
- Electrification and re-signalling of the Maynooth and M3 Parkway line from City Centre to Maynooth (approximately 40km in length)
- Capacity enhancements at Connolly Station (modifications of platforms, junctions and station) to facilitate increased train numbers
- Subject to assessment, potential relocation of Docklands Station to Spencer Dock adjacent the Luas Stop, to increase capacity and better serve the Docklands area
- Closure of existing level crossings and provision of replacements where required
- Construction of a new DART Depot facility west of Maynooth Station for the maintenance and parking (stabling) of trains
- Development of a DART Metrolink interchange station at Glasnevin
- All civil, bridge and ancillary works as necessary to accommodate the project
This project will provide a sustainable, electrified, reliable and more frequent rail service, improving capacity on Maynooth and M3 Parkway to city centre rail corridors.
The project extends approximately 40km from Connolly & Spencer Dock to Maynooth & M3 Parkway. There are currently 13 stations along the route, with an additional station currently in construction at Pelletstown, bringing passengers into and out of the city centre.