Finance Graduate Programme
As part of the graduate finance programme, our graduates will have the opportunity to develop a knowledge and appreciation of the finance activities undertaken at Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail.
These include closing periodic accounts to tight deadlines, providing relevant, accurate and timely commentary on these accounts, for profit amd loss, cashflow and balance sheet, meeting the reporting needs of the business, ensuring compliance with financial standards in the business and meeting ad hoc requests for financial information in a timely manner.
Work Placements 1 and 2 : Shared Services Finance Department
The Shared Service Division is responsible for the following activities;
- Support services to the business departments including, payroll, financial accounts, accounts payable, human resources, safety department, corporate communications, CEO office
Work Placements 3 and 4 : Railway Undertaking Finance Department
The Railway Undertaking Division is responsible for the following activities;
- Passenger service operations including management of drivers, on board staff, station staff, maintenance of rolling stock
- Haulage services for the freight business
- Commercial department, delivery of revenue targets
Work Placements 5 and 6 : Infrastructure Finance Department
The Infrastructure Manager Division is responsible for the following activities;
- Maintenance of the rail network to a safe and reliable standard
- Signalling for the rail network
- Maintenance of building and facilities
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail is a CIMA accredited employer. Graduates will be supported to undertake further development to achieve relevant CIMA qualifications as outlined here.