Procurement Category Buyer
Location - Inchicore
Salary - Exec C - €57,555.33-€70,904.34
Are you an experienced Procurement Professional seeking a new challenge within the area of Procurement? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Category Buyer – Procurement.
The successful candidate will manage the operational delivery, on behalf of the Category Manager, of the procurement management service fulfilling the requirements of the allocated category.
In addition, the Procurement Category Buyer will assist the Category Manager in:
- Enhancing procurement standards of excellence throughout the business, inputting into the strategic framework on how the procurement department can deliver value to business stakeholders
- Enhancing the commercial focus of procurement activities by identifying and drawing on synergies
- Manage the end to end tendering process, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring appropriate specification needs are incorporated and recorded within the tender review and decision-making process under regulations
- Assist in the identification of new suppliers and ensure due diligence is carried out for all tenders in terms of specification, scoring and source of supply
- Develop best-in-class expertise and market knowledge for assigned projects
- Implement procurement change and best practice within the category
- Deliver upon annual plan for assigned projects to the category goals in terms of cost savings and service delivery in a compliant and timely manner
- Identify and recommend opportunities through the Category Manager to exploit to maximise best value, service, efficiencies and innovation through market research and supplier / stakeholder engagement
- Risk Mitigation and Management through governance and compliance monitoring and reporting as per company policy and legislation
- Concern for Excellence
- Analytical Skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Process Orientation
- 3-5 years purchasing experience with experience in good sourcing practice and processes
- Experience in stakeholder management, influencing and engagement
- Demonstratable strong Microsoft office skills
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal and communications skills with previous supplier and/or direct customer experience.
- A team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
- Project Management skills
- Relevant Professional / Academic Qualifications
- Experience in a busy purchasing environment.
- Operation of a Purchasing ERP system (preferably SAP MM module although not essential).
- A professional qualification in Procurement is essential.
- Background of public sector procurement desirable
- CIPS / IIPMM relevant qualification
A competency-based interview will form part of this selection process, along with a short presentation, topic to be communicated at interview confirmation. Candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of their application/CV and relevant experience.
If any applicants have special requirements, please advise Shared Services when forwarding your application.
If you are interested in applying for this role, applications including CV should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Friday 10th February 2023. A full job description can be requested at this address also.