Category Buyer Executive
Job Title: Category Buyer Executive
Department: Procurment Department, Iaranród Éireann.
Salary: €55,608.98 per Annum
The Procurement Category Buyer will manage the operational delivery, on behalf of the Category Manager, of the procurement management service fulfilling the requirements of the allocated category. This person should be confident and commercially minded while able to demonstrate an analytical mind-set with excellent attention to detail and resilient negotiation skills.
In addition, the Procurement Category Buyer will assist the Category Manager in:
- Enhancing procurement standards of excellence throughout the business, inputting into the strategic framework on how the procurement department can deliver value to business stakeholders.
- Enhancing the commercial focus of procurement activities by identifying and drawing on synergies across functions/business units as well as using market insight to enhance the internal knowledge base.
- Role Scope: Irish Rail and CIE Holding Company Area of Responsibility: Delivery of Procurement Goals for the allocated category to best procurement practice.
- Manage the end to end tendering process, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring appropriate specification needs are incorporated and recorded within the tender review and decision making process under regulations.
- Assist in the identification of new suppliers and ensure due diligence is carried out for all tenders in terms of specification, scoring and source of supply.
- Develop best-in-class expertise and market knowledge for assigned projects.
- Implement procurement change and best practice within the category.
- Deliver upon annual plan for assigned projects to the category goals in terms of cost savings and service delivery in a compliant and timely manner.
- Identify and recommend opportunities through the Category Manager to exploit to maximise best value, service, efficiencies and innovation through market research and supplier / stakeholder engagement.
- Risk Mitigation and Management through governance and compliance monitoring and reporting as per company policy and legislation.
- Achievement of relevant procurement targets.
- Achievement of tender milestones and governance metrics Area of Responsibility: Development of Supplier Relationships.
- Negotiate with suppliers to get the best service, cost and opportunity for the benefit of the category to the right contract terms.
- Collate and analyse supplier performance and market intelligence information for use in negotiation and supplier development meetings.
- Stakeholder communications and engagement, develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders to implement category plans.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-4 years purchasing experience with experience in good sourcing practice and processes.
- SAP / ERP experience.
- Background of public sector procurement.
- An accredited qualification in procurement.
- 12 – 24 Month Fixed Term Contract - €55,608.98 per Annum (€57,976.32 after 12 months service)
- Annual Leave – 25 per annum.
- 36 hour working week – 09:00 – 17:15
- Applications in the form of an up to date C.V and cover letter should be emailed to: Sharedservicesrecruit@irishrail.ie
- The Selection process may involve an interview were candidates can discuss their experiences, motivations and aptitude for the role. Notice for an interview will be expressed a minimum of five days before the interview date.
CLOSING DATE OF CAMPAIGN:
Close of Business, Friday 18/06/2021.