Procurement Category Buyer - Rolling Stock Mechanical Systems
Job Title: Procurement Category Buyer - Rolling Stock Mechanical Systems
Department: CME Dept
Salary: €55,608.98 per Annum, increasing to €57,976.32 after 12 months service.
The Procurement Category Buyer (Rolling Stock Mechanical Systems), will manage the operational delivery, under the supervision of the Category Manager (Rolling Stock), of the procurement of goods and services directly relating to Iarnród Éireann’s wide variety of Commuter, Intercity and Freight vehicles.
Rolling Stock Mechanical Systems cover a wide variety of sub-systems such as Train Coupling Systems, Brake Systems, Engine Systems and Transmission Systems.
This person should be confident ,technically and commercially minded, whilst able to demonstrate an analytical mind-set with excellent attention to detail and resilient negotiation skills.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-4 years purchasing experience with experience in good sourcing practice and processes.
- SAP / ERP experience.
- Background of public sector procurement.
- Good working understanding of technical terminology (i.e. units of measure, standards, operating procedures etc.)
- High level understanding of the operation of mechanical equipment (i.e. engines, cooling systems, transmissions etc.)
- An accredited qualification in procurement
- Renumeration for the position is €55,608.98 per Annum, increasing to €57,976.32 after 12 months service.
- Annual Leave – 25 per annum.
- 36 hour working week – 09:00 – 17:15
Applications in the form of an up to date C.V and cover letter should be emailed to:
Sharedservicesrecruit@irishrail.ie referencing the vacancy in the subject line by close of business on Friday 25th June, 2021.
The Selection process may involve an interview where candidates can discuss their experiences, motivations and aptitude for the role. Notice for an interview will be expressed a minimum of five days before the interview date.