Corporate Safety Compliance Advisors
Location: Connolly Station
Salary: €72,000-€75,000 on a 3 year scale
Iarnród Éireann is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Corporate Safety Compliance Advisor. The successful candidates will report into the Head of Corporate Safety Compliance. This is an exciting opportunity for highly committed individuals who will assist in ensuring Iarnród Éireann (IÉ) is compliant with its legislative responsibilities and best practice within the industry. This role will provide support for the business cross functional safety matters.
The role will be offered on a fixed term 12 month contract basis initially with a view to becoming permanent. Performance measures set and reviewed, by the Head of Corporate Safety Compliance.
- Safety: To act as a focus for safety in line with the Safety Management System and to discharge your safety responsibilities as outlined by your reporting Manager and Safety Requirement Specifications.
- Engineering: To ensure that all audits and investigations are properly progressed in accordance with IÉ and Infrastructure Manager/Railway Undertaking policy, standards and procedures.
- People: To ensure constant communication with all colleagues within your area and to support the People Management policy within the DHS team.
Requirements and Skills
- 3rd level Safety and Health qualifications or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of safety legislation and audit procedures.
- Good working knowledge of Safety Management Systems, Risk Assessments, Safety Statements and Method Statements.
- Good leadership and motivating skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Report compilation and documentation delivery through the MS Office suite.
- Knowledge of the Companies structure and business units
- Working knowledge of Iarnród Éireann Safety Management Systems.
- Audit qualification
- Investigation qualification
- Post Graduate H&S experience or qualification
- Safety Focus & Knowledge
- Specialist Knowledge
- Interpersonal Skills
- Drives for Results
- Planning, Organising and Delivery
- Salary €72,000-75,000
- Defined Benefit Pension*
- Annual Leave 25 days
- GP Scheme*
- Travel Facilities*
- Taxsaver Scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Hybrid Working*
*Subject to achieving permanency with the company
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV along with a cover letter to: email@example.com by 4pm Friday 26th August 2022
A competency-based interview will form part of this selection process, along with a short presentation, topic to be communicated at interview confirmation. If any applicants have special requirements, please advise in your cover letter and CV.