DART+ Programme Railway Order Tech Executive
Capital Investment Division – Iarnród Éireann
Location – Inchicore
Salary – €59,616.61 - €73,282.79 (J56)
DART+ is a transformative programme of investment which will provide a sustainable, electrified, reliable, frequent rail service significantly increasing capacity on all the rail corridors serving the Greater Dublin Area, through investment in infrastructure and a fleet of new trains. The delivery of the DART+ Programme is a cornerstone public transport project of the National Development Plan and managing the various Railway Order Applications through the statutory approval stage is a key milestone for progression.
Reporting to the DART+ Railway Order & Environmental Manager, the appointee to this position will provide support in guiding each of the DART+ Projects through the An Bord Pleanála statutory railway order application process and in the preparation of robust and comprehensive Environmental Impact Assessment Reports.
- Provide technical input on environmental implications of project design and implementation decisions;
- Co-ordinate and manage environmental studies associated with DART+ Programme;
- Liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders and the designer team;
- Provide input to the design process to produce optimized designs;
- Monitor and report on the performance and progress of environmental contracts;
- Report on the implementation of projects within New Works
- Implementation of Iarnród Éireann and New Works Standards
- Participation in Risk Workshops as required for project safety approvals
- To provide professional support in terms of management of projects undertaken by the Programme Manager, New Works.
- To deputise for the Environmental Manager
- You will be primarily engaged in, but not limited to, the development of DART+ Programme. Other responsibilities may be assigned as directed by the Environmental Manager and/or Programme Manager
- An Environmental, Geoscience or Engineering Degree
- Affiliation with a relevant professional body
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing/coordinating Environmental Impact Assessment studies for infrastructural development
- Ability to conduct appropriate scoping and screening studies
- Demonstrable experience in Project Managing an Environmental Impact Assessment of Strategic Infrastructural Development projects
- Strong communication, leadership, consultation and interpersonal skills
- Relevant general management and project management experience
- Demonstrable ability to manage/coordinate iterative design process with designers/environmental specialists
- Preparation of scope of services for various environmental studies associated with infrastructural development
- Detailed knowledge of current Planning and Development and Environmental Impact Assessment legislation
- Knowledge of Railway Order process and procedures
- Knowledge of railway infrastructure
- Knowledge of the Construction Regulations
- Specialist Environmental Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary design team
- Consultation and Stakeholder Management
- Programme and Scheduling Awareness
- Demonstrated experience with project management procedures
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrable ability in planning and organising
A competency-based interview will form part of this selection process. Candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of their application/CV and relevant experience.
If any applicants have special requirements, please advise Shared Services when forwarding your application.
If you are interested in applying for this role, applications including CV and cover letter should be forwarded to: email@example.com by 4pm Friday 10th February 2023.
Please contact HR Shared Services, Connolly HQ by mail at the above e-mail address for any queries regarding the above position.