Job Title: Data Engineer
Department: Information Systems
Location: IÉ Connolly Head Office, Dublin
Salary: €76,000 – €79,000 (consummate with experience & qualifications)
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail are delighted to invite applications for the role of a Data Engineer in our Data, Analytics, and Intelligence team. The primary role of the Data Engineer is to develop, test and maintain architecture, including databases and processing systems, to support a robust analytical pipeline that facilitates priority analytics use cases.
- Experience with relational data systems and data architecture paradigms (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Kafka, Spark)
- Understanding of data warehouse architecture, design and development, data quality principles and agile processes
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and DataOps best practices including coding standards, code reviews, version control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Level 8 qualification or higher in Computer Science or Equivalent and/or Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience as a Data Engineer
- Strong programming skills in R/Python and SQL
- Knowledge of various data communication protocols such as REST APIs and web services
- Understanding of cloud data platforms and components (hands-on experience with Azure is preferred)
- Experience with effectively managing multiple projects and workstreams, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Working in a team environment, interacting with multiple groups on a daily basis
Please note that candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of experience, application/CV or an assessment.
- To apply, please refer to the vacancy in the subject line and submit your application and CV by email to email@example.com
- The selection process may involve an interview were candidates can discuss their experiences, motivations and aptitude for the role.
CLOSING DATE OF CAMPAIGN:
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 16th June.