Health Screening Nurse
Vacancy - Health Screening Nurse,
Location - Dublin 1
The role of Health Screening Nurse is an integral part of the CIE family. The successful candidate will directly contribute to the continued expansion and care of our workforce. Applications are encouraged from those possessing a diligent and team orientated mindset.
- The main role of the Health Screening Nurse is in the clinical assessment of employees who attend the unit including conducting ECGs, Blood Biochemistry analysis, Screening tests, Audiometry.
- Conducting workplace based programmes in hearing surveillance and vaccination.
- Taking medical history and carrying out the health screening aspects of employment medical examinations.
- Contribute to the Occupational Health Nursing Units overall charter to deliver a comprehensive Occupational Health service to the employees of the three CIE Operating Companies.
- To carry out duties which may be required by the Chief Medical Officer, Senior Occupational Health Nurse or Senior Management.
- Keep informed of developments in field of health screening in order to maximise the effectiveness of the service delivered.
- To act as a front-line person in carrying out the functions of the Occupational Health Unit which are as follows:
- Implement health surveillance programmes for high-risk groups.
- Perform health assessments as part of the recruitment process (i.e. pre-employment medical examination).
- Implement appropriate immunisation policies.
- Candidates must be currently registered on the General Division of the Register of Nurses, maintained by the Irish Nursing and Midwifery Board
- Two years general experience post-graduation.
- Experience in health screening would be an advantage.
Renumeration and Additional Details:
The successful candidate will be offered a 12-24 month fixed term contract with a salary and annual leave in-line with the most recent HSE salary scale. The successful candidate and their family, following one months’ service will be eligible for reduced fares on Irish Rail, Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann services and benefit from the medical department’s imminent relocation to a new, purpose-built Medical Centre, located at Connolly Station.
The selection process involves applicant screening, shortlisting and a structured interview. During the course of the interview, you will be asked to discuss your relevant experience and suitability for the role. The competencies in focus during the interview are as follows.
- Teamwork and Flexibility
- Specialist Knowledge
- Planning and Organising
- Checking Skills and Accuracy
To apply for the position of Health Screening Nurse - CIE, please email a detailed and up-to-date C.V. and cover letter to Sharedservicesrecruit@irishrail.ie
For our convenience, please include the following in the subject line, ‘Health Screening Nurse [Insert applicant name], add to talent pool’. If you do not wish to be considered for future job opportunities, please omit ‘Add to talent pool’.
The closing date for applications is close of business Friday 15th July 2022.