ICT Service Delivery Support Operative– Iarnród Éireann
Applications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of ICT Service Delivery Support Operative.
The ICT Service Delivery Support Operative will be part of the Service Delivery Team providing Information Communication Technology (ICT) support to the business. The Service Delivery Support Operative will support all aspects of the ITIL Framework being deployed within the Service Delivery function. This includes incident management, major incident management, request management, change management, access management, supplier management, problem management, service transition, release and deployment management, knowledge management and Continuous Service Improvement. They will also support the business units in business as usual operations of the various systems and applications under the remit of Information Systems.
Reporting to the ICT Service Delivery Manager the Service Delivery Support Operative will be focused on the day to day incident management across our numerous and varied suppliers and systems.
- Liaise with end users
- Monitor incident response and resolution times
- Preparation of incident reports as required
- Work closely with ICT Incident Manager to manage incidents, response times, changes and daily support tasks
- Documenting run books for recurring service tasks
- Regular reporting to the ICT Service Delivery Manager
- Keeping up to date with CIÉ and IÉ policies and standards
- Keeping up to date with best practice and business technologies
- Support all Service Support and Service Delivery actions taken to ensure they meet the business’ needs and IT requirements
- Contribute to the strategy, development and quality of ICT Service Management and Iarnród Éireann’s service delivery capability
- Manage, on a day-to-day basis, defects that affect ICT Systems and their resolution including prioritisation, referral or escalation where necessary
- Ensure that all SLAs are met
- Support the maintenance and implementation of actions that flow from the problem management process including root cause analysis and workarounds
- Management of station revenue equipment focusing on device availability and ensuring shifts files for offline devices are uploaded in a timely manner
- Contributing to the weekly running of the change advisory board
- Managing and responding to end user queries from multiple sources
- Supporting the creation of user accounts across multiple services
- Assist with keeping a complete inventory of hardware and software
- Documenting procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions
- Following ITIL/Service Management policies and procedures
- Maintenance of Office 365 licences and costs
- Configuring, deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting, and support of workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices and other ICT equipment
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. A full job description can be requested from HR Shared Services.
- 3rd level education qualification
- Incident management experience as either 1st or 2nd level support
- Previous experience of working with 3rd party suppliers
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative within team environment
- High-energy work ethic and ability to deliver results
- Ability to identify and document defects and support solution implementation of same.
- Knowledge of services provided and systems supported by Information Systems
- Awareness of the numerous and varied business processes carried out within Iarnród Éireann
- ITIL\ISO 20000 qualified
- Previous SLA\Contract management experience
- 1-3 years of related and progressive experience in an ICT Service Delivery environment
- Experience in service management and process management
- Knowledge of managing incidents relative to associated SLA.
- Technical Services Knowledge
- Specialist Knowledge
- Drives for Results
- Concern for Quality
- Service Delivery Orientation
A competency-based interview will form part of this selection process. Candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of their application/CV and relevant experience.
If any applicants have special requirements, please advise Shared Services when forwarding your application.
If you are interested in applying for this role, your CV and cover letter should be forwarded to: email@example.com by 4pm Friday 10th February 2023.
At Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail we are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion in all that we do. This starts with how we recruit people. It is important to us that all individuals feel welcome to join our organisation and we take great care to ensure an even playing field for all.
We will strive to provide reasonable accommodation to all candidates where required and requested.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability.