Project Engineers - Chief Mechanical Engineers Department
Iarnród Éireann is building for a future which will see the role of our rail services maximised in meeting the transport needs of the communities we serve, and the wider economy and environment.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified & experienced Engineers to fill a number of project related roles and to join us for an exciting phase of growth within the Chief Mechanical Engineers Department. This is an exciting opportunity for engineers looking to progress a career in the railway industry and help shape the future of public transportation across the island of Ireland.
Either leading a project or as a part of a project team you will be responsible for development of technical specification, supporting procurement process and all technical aspects of the project management through to vehicle introduction into service.
The Chief Mechanical Engineers Department provides a critical function to the Railway Undertaking business operating in a high compliance, fast paced and multiple demand atmosphere.
Interested candidates must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- Engineering Degree (Level 8) or lesser qualification with appropriate and/or specific railway experience may qualify.
- Railway technical knowledge / skills and experience (incl. technical standard and the regulatory environment)
- Strong communication skills (incl. presentation skills)
- Ability to manage resources and plan
- Safety Focus and knowledge
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Negotiation Skills
- Project delivery skills / experience
- Willingness to travel abroad for short and extended periods
There will be a number of elements to the recruitment process. An Interview will from part of this process and the Competencies for this position are:
- Technical & Safety Knowledge
- Planning & Organising to Time & Quality Standards
- Relationship Building & Interpersonal Skills
- Communicating & Presenting Skills
- Drive & Initiative
Candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of the information gained through their CV and experience.
Please email your CV to IERURecruitment@irishrail.ie. Please ensure that you put the subject line “Project Engineer CME Department” on your email submission to ensure that it is not overlooked. The closing date for applications is no later than Friday 18th June 2021.
If applicants have any special requirements, please advise the Railway Undertaking (RU) Resource Planning Team, Human Resources Department when forwarding your application.