Chief Quantity Surveyor - Infrastructure Manager’s Department
We are now recruiting for a Chief Quantity Surveyor for the Infrastructure Manager’s Department. The Infrastructure Manager’s Department (IM) is made up of Engineering, Track /Access/Operations, and support functions. The teams are Civil Engineering, Signal, Electrical and Telecommunications Engineering, building and conservation, and Infrastructure Operations.
The successful candidate will become part of the IM Quantity Surveying team which aligns to that structure. The Chief Quantity Surveyor will report to the IM Commercial Manager and will provide professional quantity surveying support to the Infrastructure Manager’s Department and management of the IM QS team. The role will work across all teams within IM relating to costs/budgets for specific programmes of work.
- Minimum qualifications are Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS or SCS) Member of the Society of Chartered Surveyors and/or Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and Construction Economics/Quantity Surveying degree or Construction/Project Management degree
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience commensurate to this role
- Detailed knowledge and application of the Public Works suite of contracts
- Knowledge and awareness of other standard forms of Contract – RIAI, IEI, FIDIC and target cost contracts (NEC)
- Experience in leading and managing a team of quantity surveyors on major construction projects
- Attention to detail and methodological approach to work
- Ability to evaluate a situation, identify problems and areas for improvement, and eventually coming up with innovative solutions
- Collaborative Communications skills
Key personal attributes which candidates will need to demonstrate include:
- Established Specialist knowledge
- Commercial Awareness
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent Relationship Building and Interpersonal Skills
- Communication and negotiation
To apply, submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 31st May 2023. If any applicants have special requirements, please advise when forwarding your application/CV.
At Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail we are committed to ensuring diversity and inclusion in all that we do. This starts with how we recruit people into our organisation. We ensure our attraction and selection processes are designed with equal opportunity at the forefront of our minds. It is important to us that all individuals feel welcome to join our organisation and we take great care to create an environment that ensures an even playing field for all.
In our hiring practices, we will strive to provide reasonable accommodation to all candidates where required and requested.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability.
Chief Quantity Surveyor FAQs
Do I need to meet the minimum requirements set out for the role?
Does Pension Apply?
How do I apply? – Do I send in my CV or fill in a form?
Other Benefits of joining Iarnród Éireann?
What are the terms and conditions of the contract?
What happens if I am not offered a position?
What is the closing date for applications?
What is the contract status of the job?
What is the salary for the role?
When does the job start?
Where is the location of the job / where will I be working?