How can we help?

Can a Fixed Payment Notice be issued for other offences?

A Fixed Payment Notice can be issued for failing or refusing to give your name or address to an authorised officer or giving a name or address which is false or misleading.  A Fixed Payment Notice can also be issued for trespass on a railway, unlawful use of an emergency cord or other system of communication between passengers and train drivers and failure to shut and fasten gates of level crossings or passage.  Breach of CIE bye-laws can also be prosecuted before the District Court. A full list of CIE bye-laws as set out in the Córas Iompair Éireann Bye-laws (Confirmation) Order, 1984 can be found on