Train travel during COVID-19
28 February 2022
What you need to know before and during travel
- Train travel during COVID-19
- What we are doing to ensure a safe environment
- What you can do to help us
It is advisory that face coverings be worn on public transport.
All capacity is available for use, and a full schedule is operating across the network.
- We are thoroughly and regularly cleaning trains, and customer touch points on trains and in stations.
- Hand sanitiser units are in all 145 stations on our network. Up to 50 stations are equipped with dedicated vending machines, from which face coverings, personal hand sanitiser and gloves are available
- Please use our journey planner to see the latest up to date services information, and to book tickets.
- If you are travelling on Intercity, we recommend that you book your travel in advance, including holders of free travel passes or existing valid tickets.
- Bikes must be booked online prior to travel
- Group booking reservations are once again available.
In the station
- If you are buying your ticket at the station, please avoid using cash if at all possible. Use ticket vending machines, Leap Card, or contactless payment.
- Please observe hand hygiene, and use hand sanitiser stations.
On board the train
- It is recommended to wear a face covering to travel.
- Please follow any advice or direction from employees.
- Please remove all items from your seat and table when leaving the train, and dispose of litter in bins provided.
- Catering: Unfortunately, our catering provider for Intercity services has advised it is no longer able to provide these services. We will quickly commence the process to tender for a new catering contract. However, this will mean that catering services are unlikely to be available on board until at least early 2023. Customers may bring their own food and snacks on board, including from retail/food outlets at many of our stations. A limited on-board catering service is available on Dublin/Belfast Enterprise services.
- Alcohol remains prohibited on all services.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to seeing you on board.
24 February 2022
22 March 2022