Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don’t want my personal information to be processed, or if I want my personal information deleted?
You have the right under applicable Data Protection Laws to access personal data held about you. You also have the right to the rectification of inaccurate data and the erasure of Personal Data where there is no longer a legal ground for processing of the information as per the Iarnród Éireann Data Retention Policy.
You have the following rights (S4 of the IÉ Data Protection Policy, May 2018), in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data, where we are processing it based on this being necessary for the purposes of our, or of a third party’s legitimate interest;
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller, where we are processing the data based on your consent of that this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact our Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org