Upcoming Line Improvement Works - November and December
19 November 2019
Here you will find a complete list of planned engineering works and changes to Iarnród Éireann rail services.
Upcoming Engineering Works
Customers are advised that due to essential Ballast Cleaning work, an alternative timetable will be in operation for various services serving Dublin Heuston (Cork, Limerick, Ennis, Ballybrophy, Waterford, Galway, Tralee) on 23rd November only.
- Cork services will operate every hour in each direction with altered timings, please check the journey planner or timetable PDF below for full details
- All direct Limerick to Dublin Heuston services and Dublin Heuston to Limerick are CANCELLED.
- Limerick services will operate every hour, connecting to and from all Cork services at Limerick Junction
- Tralee services will operate every 2 hours, connecting to and from Cork services at Mallow
- 17:05hrs Dublin Heuston to Tralee is cancelled. Passengers should board the 17:05hrs Dublin Heuston to Cork service and change at Mallow for a connecting service. Please note that there will be a delay of 25 - 30 mins from Mallow to Tralee
- Nenagh Line services will operate with altered timings, please change at Ballybrophy for connecting services. Please check the journey planner or timetable PDF below for full details
Please find alternative timetable below or alternatively please check our Journey Planner for further information:
Please select your route below for more details on upcoming engineering works.
Upcoming Line Improvements
Iarnród Éireann is continuing its programme of line improvement works on selected Saturdays, focusing this year on the section between Newbridge and Ballybrophy.
The annual investment of €10 million in line improvements will lead to higher reliability, smoother running of trains and with other works deliver consistent 160kph speeds (100 mph). This will deliver journey time improvements for customers.
We advise customers to check their journey details prior to travelling. For a full list of available services on your day of travel, please check our Journey Planner for all timetable query or click on your route below for a summary service arrangements.
We are better able to assist you if you contact us as far in advance as possible, but try to give at least 24-hours' notice of your journey. You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (0)1 836 6222 (Monday - Friday 08:30-18:00hrs excluding public holidays).
For DART Accessibility information, please see our new DART Accessibility section.
On affected services, a trolley service will be provided on all InterCity services. Dining car and restaurant car facilities will not be available.
When you purchase an Adult, Child or Student ticket on this website or through our call centre (01-8366222) you are given an assigned seat as part of the price
Customers who are already in possession of or purchasing on the day of travel a valid standard class ticket(s) such as Family Tickets, Day Return, Open Return, Weekly, Monthly, Annual, InterRail and Free Travel pass holders can reserve a seat on a service for a small fee per person each way
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail apologise for any inconvenience caused.