Train Punctuality and Reliability Performance
Welcome to "Track Record", the online Train Performance section. Here you will be able to view how your route is performing in terms of punctuality and reliability.
- Punctuality = a measurement of timekeeping. The National Transport Authority (NTA) defines the criteria for punctuality
- For all routes, punctuality is defined as on time or within 10 minutes of time
- For DART, it is on time or within 5 minutes of time
- Reliability = whether the train operates or not
- All performance figures are independently verified by the NTA
- Punctuality figures include delays outside of Iarnród Éireann’s control
These 2 raw data values also include delays caused by factors outside our control, for example, trucks hitting bridges or extreme weather conditions such as snow or fog. The NTA performance reports under the Public Service Obligation contract with Iarnród Éireann measures our punctuality excluding such delays.
The information below is also available on posters in stations, but now you can track our performance every four weeks a little easier.
- Dublin and Cork
- Dublin and Limerick
- Dublin and Tralee
- Dublin and Galway
- Dublin and Westport
- Dublin and Waterford
- Dublin and Rosslare Europort
- Dublin and Sligo
- Dublin and Belfast
- Limerick and Ballybrophy
- Limerick and Limerick Junction
- Limerick and Galway
- Limerick Junction and Waterford