Iarnród Éireann Graduate Programme
Graduate Programme 2024
Applications are now open for our Graduate Programme 2024. Apply now!Apply Now
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail is embarking on a record investment programme to make rail the backbone of Ireland’s sustainable transport network.
Our people are absolutely critical to the delivery of both our services and our future capital programmes, customer experience strategy and port developments. We are in a period of major investment programmes in the maintenance, renewal and upgrading of our infrastructure, as well as the transformation of our fleet. This is an exciting opportunity for graduates to join our ‘One Team’ and to help in the safe and efficient provision of railway services across the country.
We are looking for ambitious and innovative graduates who have achieved or are working towards a Level 8 Honours Degree in the following disciplines:
- Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Signalling, Electrical, Electronics, Telecoms, Quantity Surveyor)
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Business Operations
- Information Communication Technology
The Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail Graduate Programme
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail is the first employer awarded Engineers Ireland CPD approval for a Graduate Development Programme and were awarded Operational Excellence Award 2023 for our Graduate Development Programme.
Our Award Winning Programme:
- provides a structured orientation programme to meet and gain valuable knowledge from senior management
- offers graduates an opportunity to work in all aspects of the graduate process they are applying for
- includes a specifically designed bespoke graduate programme
- provides value and support through our Occupational Health and Wellbeing Services
- provides opportunities for growth and excellent career paths for those who stand out and deliver
Our Rewards Package includes:
- A competitive salary
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Mentoring & support
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health and Wellness Programme
- Reduced fares on the network
- Professional membership
Closing date for applications is 31st October 2023.
Hear about the Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail (IÉ) Graduate Programme from some of our current graduates in the video below:
Find us at your Third Level institution's Career Fairs!
|Third Level institution / department||Location||Date and Time|
|Trinity - Finance||Trinity Sports Hall||26th September 11:30 - 14:30|
|Grad Ireland||RDS||27th September 09:00 - 17:00|
|University of Limerick||UL Sports Arena||28th September 11:30 - 15:00|
|UCD - Engineering||UCD O'Reilly Hall, Belfield Campus||2nd October 12:00 - 17:00|
|UCD - Finance||UCD O'Reilly Hall, Belfield Campus||3rd October 12:00 - 17:00|
|DCU-Science & Engineering||The Helix||4th October 11:30 - 14:30|
|DCU-Finance||The Helix||5th October 11:30 - 14:30|
|DKIT||DKIT Campus||10th October 09:00 - 14:00|
|Trinity - Engineering||Trinity Sports Hall||12th October 11:30 - 14:30|
|TU Dublin-Construction & Engineering||Bolton Street||18th October 12:00 - 14:30|
|TU Dublin-IT/Computing/Electrical/Electronic||Grangegorman||19th October 12:00 - 14:30|
As a company, our culture is guided by our five core values – these are the integral bases which define who we are and where we are going as an organisation. We recruit based on these values – so we already know you’re going to fit right in! Each of these values are equally essential and we strive to embody them on a daily basis.
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail is an Equal Opportunities Employer.