Applications for our Graduate Programme 2022 are now open
The Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail graduate programme celebrates the values of the company and educates graduates as future leaders on our technical and leadership competencies. It facilitates the practice of these expected behaviours and it provides an excellent opportunity to disseminate new and evolving ideals and expectations throughout the organisation by developing graduates who become values ambassadors.
The Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail Graduate Programme is designed to offer engineering graduates a broad range of experiences to develop their skills and expertise within Iarnród Eireann Irish Rail. The programme addresses a range of key learning needs related to the future skills for work while taking a whole person approach to material delivery.
The programme provides graduates with an opportunity to further develop the skills gained throughout their educational journey, aligning them with the expectations within Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail while introducing new avenues for application. This programme is designed to enhance already present skills and develop new complimentary skills that will help graduates navigate their new roles and responsibilities in line with the needs expressed by the organisation.
The programme consists of a series of masterclasses run over three years, the duration of the programme. These masterclasses are run across all graduate disciplines together. They are designed to reinforce the value structure and core competency framework at Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail. They will advance understanding and application of new skills that will create engaged, accountable and innovative graduates who can become productive, future-focussed, inspiring, and self-directed employees, leading Irish Rail into the future.
This programme comprises several structured placements within the relevant technical and functional department and throughout the company.
Graduates will work with experienced engineers and railway professionals trained by Engineers Ireland during the program and be assigned a mentor.
Following each placement graduates will undertake a review with their mentor to review performance and identify further development needs in the next placement.
- Provide learners with a range of skills recognised as must have skills for 21st century success
- Advances understanding and application of new technical skills
- Develops technical knowledge in a wide range of disciplines
- Experiences challenging and rewarding projects across Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail
- Creates a foundation skillset that will facilitate advancement from entry level through to leadership roles
- Generates a forward-focused mindset that will help shape Irish Rail into the future
- Blends commercial and customer awareness and success with personal and professional development
Opportunities may arise in any of the below areas. Career opportunities will be shared on our Careers Page and our Social Media pages.
- Chief Mechanical Engineering (CME) graduate programme
- Signal, Electrical and Telecoms (SET) graduate programme
- Finance graduate programme
- Safety Graduate Programme
- Civil Engineering Graduate Programme
- Human Resources Graduate Programme
- Human Factors Graduate Programme
- Environmental Graduate Programme
- Business Graduate Programme
- Marketing Graduate Programme
- Information Communications Technology Graduate Programme
Hear about the Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail (IÉ) Graduate Programme from some of our current graduates in the video below:
Find us at your third level institution's Career Fairs
|Career Fairs 2022|
|University/Third Level Institution||Institution and Department||Date and Time|
UCD – Finance
UCD – Engineering
Tuesday, 28th September, 11am
Wednesday, 29th September, 11am
|DCU - Engineering and Finance||Tuesday, 28th September, 12 noon|
|Trinity - Finance||Thursday, 30th September, 11am|
|NUIG - Engineering & Finance||Tuesday, 5th October, 11am|
|UCC||Wednesday, 6th October, 11am|
|University of Limerick||Thursday, 7th October, 11am|
|LIT||Tuesday, 12th October, 12noon|
|AIT||Wednesday, 13th October, 12noon|
|Trinity - Engineering||Thursday, 14th October, 11am|
TU Dublin (Engineering & Science)
Thursday, 21st October, 11am
Wednesday, 20th October, 11am
Wednesday, 20th October, 2pm
As a company, our culture is guided by our five core values – these are the integral bases which define who we are and where we are going as an organisation. We recruit based on these values – so we already know you’re going to fit right in! Each of these values are equally essential and we strive to embody them on a daily basis.
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail is an Equal Opportunities Employer.