Iarnród Éireann Website and iOS and Android Apps
Offical iOS and Android Apps
Update - January 2021
In partnership with HaCon - A Siemens Company we are delighted to launch an update to our official app (Version 3.1.2 (22) gms Prod) for your mobile devices. This app is FREE to download from both the Google Play and the App Store.
Some off the new features included in the new release include:
- New Home Screen - The app will now open on the homescreen with four modules selectable. The user can modify the order of the homescreen or delete modules is chosen
- Trip Alarm – this new feature allows the user to subscribe to push notifications alerts for a particular train when it is delayed. The user can choose to receive notifications from 20 minutes up to an hour in advance of the scheduled departure time. In addition the extent of the delay can be configured to send for delays starting from at least 5 minutes late up to at least 15 minutes late. The alerts can be setup to send on any day of the week or all depending on the users specifications
- Commuter alarms – this feature notifies regular commuters of disruptions between Station A and Station B during a predetermined timeframe decided by the customer. Any train that serves both the origin and destination that is delayed during the timeframe selected by the user will send alerts like the trip alarms.
- Hop on/off Alerts - For the user subscribing to a specific train the app will advise them via push notification, using the latest Real-Time Information, when to get ready to board and exit the train. This type of alert will be useful for customers with accessibility issues particularly if there is PA issues on-board a service.
- In-App Purchasing – A ‘Book Now’ option has been provided on the side navigation section and on the home screen. A deep link brings the user into the mobile optimised version of the Journey Planner. A native in app option is planned for Q2 2021
All users of the current apps are encouraged to download the new version where possible. However, some users on older devices may not be able to download the new app version. The old app will still work for a time but we are not guaranteeing availability or performance as they are no longer supported.
We hope you enjoy the new Apps and if you have any feedback for us, please contact our Digital Team.
Mobile Optimised Website
Our website is fully responsive on mobile devices. This website will greatly enhance our customers web experience no matter what device they are using ie PC, laptop, tablet or phone. It will allow customers view content and book their journey in a mobile friendly format. So whether you’re on your PC to check fares, your tablet to find train times, or on your mobile to make a booking, you’ll be able to access whatever you want on whatever device you’re using.
We hope you enjoy the website and if you have any feedback for us, please contact our Digital Team.