Leap Card for Rail Travel
Save up to 24 percent - Switch Today!
An e-purse Leap Card can be used on DART and Commuter services, Dublin Bus and Luas. Save up to 24 percent with Leap card versus cash fares. Leap also offers flexibility, convenience and is safer than carrying cash.
Compare Leap Card fares versus Cash fares
Go to our fares calculator in order to compare Leap card fares versus cash fares at our stations for your journey.
Taxsaver Leap Cards
Taxsaver Leap cards are also available through participating organisations in the short hop zone. We have also recently launched Leap Point-Point ie Drogheda-Connolly, Wicklow-Pearse, Sallins to Dublin Heuston etc.
Iarnród Éireann Smartcard
The interim Smart Card scheme is currently being phased out. Why not use up all of the credit you have on your Iarnród Éireann Smartcard.
If you make lots of trips with your Leap Card on a daily or weekly (Mon to Sun) basis on DART and Commuter Rail journeys, a maximum cap value will be applied to your travel credit spend. This will make sure you don't spend any more than you need to. The system will automatically cap your spend as follows:
|Leap Card Capping|
|Adult||Young Adult/ Student||Child|
|Iarnród Éireann Daily Cap||€7.60||€3.80||€2.50|
|Iarnród Éireann Weekly Cap||€29.60||€14.80||€10.00|
|All Operators Daily Cap||€8.00||€4.00||€2.80|
|All Operators Weekly Cap||€32.00||€16.00||€11.20|
Please note, even once you hit the cap value, you should still Touch On and Touch Off as normal in order to have a valid ticket. For more information go to Leap Card Capping.
Iarnród Éireann customers can now purchase the following Leap products at Payzone outlets in Cork and Leap epurse in available on Ticket Vending Machines in Cork Station.
- Cork to Cobh and Midleton Route
- Adult Weekly
- Adult Monthly
- Child Monthly
- Student Weekly
- Student Monthly
|Cork Suburban Leap Fares|
|Maximum Deduction at Tag On||€4.00||€2.00|
TFI Leap Card customers will have the option to transfer between most DART, Commuter Rail, Dublin Bus, Luas and Go-Ahead Ireland services in the Dublin area at no additional cost for 90 minutes.
Please visit our TFI 90 min fare page for more information.
Points to note:
- 90 minute time period starts at initial Touch On ie when you start your first trip
- Where the second trip is for a fare that is less than €1, then discount will equal the lower amount, eg if the second trip is a city centre fare for 60 cents, the discount will be 60 cents
- It does not apply to travelling companions sharing a single Leap card
- It does not apply to Bus Éireann, Swords Express, Airlink, Dublin Bus Tour services, City Direct, Matthews Coaches, Wexford Bus and Collins Coaches
- These discounts are being introduced on a promotional basis and may be subject to change