DART+ West Benefits
- Increased passenger capacity from 4,500 to 13,750 passengers per hour per direction on the Maynooth Line and train frequency (subject to demand) - facilitating fast and reliable transport to communities along the Maynooth Line
- Easier travel opportunities for work, education, or leisure purposes
- Facilitate the development and future growth of existing and new communities that will greatly benefit from the connectivity that DART+ will deliver along that line
- Alleviation of road congestion, particularly at the level crossings
- Building a sustainable and connected City Region. Supporting the transition to a low carbon and climate resilient society
- Facilitating people to make sustainable travel choices by encouraging a move away from private cars to reliable, efficient and safer public transport network
- Improve multimodal connectivity through interchanges with the Luas at Spencer Dock Station and with the Metrolink at Glasnevin and Phibsborough
- Improve journey time reliability
The project extends approximately 40km from Connolly & Spencer Dock to Maynooth & M3 Parkway. There are currently 13 stations along the route, with an additional station currently in construction at Pelletstown, bringing passengers into and out of the city centre.
The preliminary options assessment studies have led to the identification of the Emerging Preferred Options as presented.