ICT Service Delivery Executive– Iarnród Éireann
Location - Connolly HQ, Dublin 1.
Salary - €58,994 – €72,676 (J52 – 6 year scale)
Applications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of ICT Service Delivery Executive.
The ICT Service Delivery Executive will be part of the Service Delivery Team offering 24 x 7 x 365 support to the business. The Service Delivery Executive will support all aspects of the ITIL Framework being deployed within the Service Delivery function. This includes incident management, request management, change management, access management, supplier management, problem management, service transition, release and deployment management and knowledge management. They will also support the implementation of an IT Service Management system.
Reporting to the ICT Service Delivery Manager the Service Delivery Executive will be part of the team responsible for the service management of all ICT services under the remit of the department with a specific focus on Digital Channels services such as, but not limited to, websites, ecommerce platform, online journey planner and Customer Relationship Management system. The Service Delivery Executive will also support the management and reporting of all KPI’s, SLA’s, OLA’s and underpinning contracts.
- Manage suppliers
- Release management
- Investigation and diagnosis of technical issues
- Documenting Policy and Procedure and implementing same
- Regular reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager and system owners
- Keeping up to date with CIÉ and IÉ policies and standards
- Keeping up to date with best practice and business technologies
- Support all Service Support and Service Delivery actions taken to ensure they meet IE’s business needs and ICT requirements
- Contribute to the strategy, development and quality of ICT Service Management and Iarnród Éireann’s service delivery capability
- Manage, on a day to day basis, defects that affect ICT Systems and their resolution including investigation, prioritisation, referral or escalation as may be necessary
- Attend regular supplier meetings and services reviews to ensure the requisite level of service is being delivered and that all incidents are being correctly addressed and rectified
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise to the business users relating to how systems operate and integrate as well as applying those expertise to incident investigation and resolution
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Management for various IT suppliers
- Support the maintenance and implementation of actions that flow from the problem management process including, root cause analysis and workarounds
- Support and implement continuous improvements across the supporting teams to meet existing contract/statement of work, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) and compliance requirements
- Maintain service matrices and KPI’s that identify the success of the services being utilised and support the implementation of changes to ICT services to improve matrices
- Support and partake in process development and improvement roadmap for multiple ITIL processes to improve alignment and business outcomes
- Work with the business end users and super users to garner feedback to support ITSM and ITIL process development, the current position, roadmap and strategic direction
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. A full job description can be requested from HR Shared Services.
- 3rd level education qualification;
- Previous experience of working with 3rd party ICT suppliers;
- Previous SLA\Contract management experience;
- Experience in ICT service management and process management;
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative within team environment;
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines;
- Service, project and results-orientation, with strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills;
- High-energy work ethic, ability to drive change and deliver results;
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional teams to identify and document defects and support solution implementation of same
- Knowledge of services provided and systems supported by Information Systems;
- Awareness of the numerous and varied business processes carried out within Iarnród Éireann;
- Project Management certification;
- ITIL/ISO 20000 qualified;
- Knowledge of and experience with technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, SQL and Java Script;
- Knowledge of and experience with web and app development;
- Experience of web content management systems;
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple ICT services across the organisation;
- 5-10 years of related and progressive experience combining ICT Service Management, SLA\Contract management, solutions implementation and cross functional working relationships;
- Knowledge of managing SLAs/OLAs and KPIs;
- Experience of service delivery software applications and tools, analysis, and reporting
- Technical Services Knowledge
- Building and Managing Relationships
- Drives for Results
- Service Delivery Orientation
A competency-based interview will form part of this selection process. Candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of their application/CV and relevant experience.
If any applicants have special requirements, please advise Shared Services when forwarding your application.
If you are interested in applying for this role, your CV and cover letter should be forwarded to: email@example.com by 4pm Friday 10th February 2023.
At Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail we are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion in all that we do. This starts with how we recruit people. It is important to us that all individuals feel welcome to join our organisation and we take great care to ensure an even playing field for all.
We will strive to provide reasonable accommodation to all candidates where required and requested.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability.